Sunday 21 August 2016

Be Patient to be Positive....

Only two more working days left for us for the trip to USA for six months. Back from Australia got hardly a month. During the period so busy to settle a lot of things connected with our accounts, tenants, repair, renovation, personal and official visit even to other districts within the State and to other States. So planned a schedule to move forward and everything going smoothly. Me and my husband took different schedules of works for achieving our targets in a normal way.
 Our trip was on Monday morning. So need to check in at 8.30am.
The last account settlings of updating the passbooks, withdrawal of money from bank and treasury, issue of cheque to LIC, checking with locker etc. was assigned on Friday to be on the safer side, with a fear if any unexpected holidays fall on Saturday we can be out of stress. We didn't get back the cable connection of TV or having newspaper because of our tight schedule. With a list of five banks and some personal visits, on Friday at 10.10am, I went to the nearby bank and was surprised to see the bank is closed. On enquiry understood all the banks in the country are on strike. Then felt sad. But no way. Just finished some little things around and went to the Sub treasury with full hope because it is under State Government. Since I was out of country for the last five months the amount to withdraw was more. The staff who handle the cheque told me there are not having enough funds because the banks are on strike. We have to consider small amounts to cover more cases and be reasonable. When I explained my situation she told me, 'I can't guarantee you, but if you wait, let us see if we get some deposit from private firms. I agreed to wait. Met some nice and generous people, had good conversation with them.
Sometimes no matter how much you want things to happen, all you can do is be patient and wait.
Exactly that was happened in my case here.
  Good news, got some money at the counter and it was known as five lakhs for deposits. Thought my problem is solved. With a hope, I went to the counter and it was told, because of more small cheques they can't honour mine. So thought of waiting more. Within fifteen minutes there was another depositor at the counter. Then she called me, yes now it is your turn. Here is your token. So after half an hour I left with the money and proceeded to my next work.
That day really tested my patience. I came to know that, if we are patient and divert our time to other things present before us we shall be less stressful and win the situation. Trust in the Supreme power to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment