Wednesday 28 December 2016

CARING IS ALWAYS GREAT....

I love to care and share. Some of my friends say that why should we disturb our friends. Let them be in a comfort zone. But the nice point is that we can very well understand those friends who do not like to be cared by others. Let them stay away from our the caring attitude. Don't disturb them by paying more attention. But there are a lot of friends in this world who loves to be cared. That is only humane. Nothing is wrong with that because we all are part of the community and we are social beings. Caring can be in the form of our time as physical help or moral support with a listening ear, in the form of gifts, loan or consoling. If we have a mind to serve the universe we will do it for the humankind.
On Christmas day we had to prepare our traditional chilli fish curry as part of the potluck dinner. Chilli fish curry is so tasty if it is prepared a day before. On 24th I went to our Indian store to find kokum (Garcinia indica) which is an essential ingredient for the curry. I got a few cloves of kokum which I soaked in water and went to the store to buy more. It was a dinner for about 50 persons. There was no kokum in the store that day. I saw one of our native girl who came to buy something. I asked her whether she knows whether it is some where there. She told it is not regularly found in the store. She offered kokum to me and together we went to her home 3 miles away from the store and got the special ingredient for our curry. That is a beautiful example of caring. Even though she was very busy on the day she cared for me/ for us. Only a good Samaritan can behave like that. That is caring. Thank you my dear and Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment