Friday 21 October 2016

Get Online Week....an excellent programme to empower Mankind

Today a post on Facebook gave the information of 'Get Online Week'. I thought to go and see the activities going on in this week. I was totally ignorant of this campaign till now.
This campaign is organized by the Telecentre Europe (TE) an umbrella organization that represents the European networks of ICT learning centres. The European Get Online Week is an annual digital empowerment campaign that engages and empowers people to use the technology and the internet with confidence and skills. This programme also allows the people to benefit of the world of online opportunities. Online week in 2016 is from 17 -23 October. This year they are celebrating their 10th Get Online campaign.  The campaign is for a week with thousands of events taking place in different centres across the country bringing digital skills and know- how to all. As per the records it is known that out of the programme tens of thousands of people are getting online life. Besides UK and Europe it also has been extended to Africa and Middle East. It helps people to use internet and how internet can make life easier, healthier and happier.
I am so happy in my life with my laptop and internet. This is my second phase of life. After retirement the main link to be in touch with friends and relatives, latest news, games, shows, places of interest, everything are on my finger tips. Thank God, for offering me a simple and easy life with more activities. It allows me to write on blogs, send articles on online magazines, read and save literature and images I required, to search my favourite life quotes, articles, topics and recipes.
In our social organization we run a computer literacy programme with an intention to equip women, especially housewives in using computer, internet and sending mails etc. It is slowly picking up. I believe those who have no idea of computer are illiterate. So it our duty to equip and empower our fellow people to get strengthened in the world of digital.

No comments:

Post a Comment