Thursday 19 September 2019

Gurudakshina❤️




Gurudakshina is a token of gratitude you give to your Guru/teacher. It can be anything like happiness, gift or some memorable moments. It is offered when you get knowledge, skill or anything precious in your life that will last for ever. It is a form of reciprocity of acknowledgement and exchange of love between the student and Guru respecting the dignity of both the giver and taker. Gurudakshina can be linked to Honorarium, which is beyond the worth and preciosity.
My beautiful yoga student, Jenn, who is our daughter’s friend brought a gift 💝 today and asked me to open and see. To my surprise it was an ‘Apple Watch’. I became speechless, hugging her with tears welled up in my eyes. Interestingly it was the same offer by our daughter and son in law to get before we leave. It is an accidental coincidence that Jenn gifted me the precious present 💝 without knowing the offer. This is the most valuable ‘Gurudakshina’ which will be cherishing in me for ever.
It is really the immeasurable value of a beautiful soul with a loving heart which is so kind and compassionate 🥰 Thank you Jenn and Robert ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment