Monday 20 April 2020

#covid19# lockdowntrip# Grandmas delights @ grandma’ home❤️

Clockwise
Bottle gourd, mango and dried baby shrimp curry
Taro stem in curd, cooked rice and legume leaves with potato stir fry
Today a blessed day. Quickly it comes to my mind about grandma’s cooking. Let me salute my grandma 🙏 She went for her heavenly abode seventeen years back. We were abroad in my childhood. Back to our village I was in sixth grade. 10-15 minutes walk to school from our home. Our grandma’s home is again a five minutes walk from school. Sometimes we pay quick visit  to our grandparents when going to school. Once in a while we get the opportunity to spend a half day or upto four a clock in the evening to spend at grandparents place with a little wish of our mom to bring grandma’s delights back home. Our mom loves grandma’s dishes. Today morning my cooking take me to our grandma’s home where my little aunt is living. Great changes made in the ancestral home. Earlier the kitchen was a two room structure with an open central area for the girls and women to sit and chat. Now constructed to a new model house.
We, me and my little sister, loves the day at grandma’s. We shall be the centre of attraction. Getting freedom to climb on trees, cook in the kitchen like that we enjoy the day. At that time cooking is on open stove with firewood. The smell of the burning firewood and the cooking smell along with garnishing punch is something we can’t explain. It’s nostalgic.
I am having open stove and firewood in our kitchen. We cook rice on the open stove. 
Today cooked all the dishes on the stove recollecting the visit to our grandparents. Childhood memories are great ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment